NCV 10-22 Backpack concrete vibratorNew product
Battery-powered concrete vibrator backpack with brushless motor for compaction of walls, slabs and foundations (Nuron battery platform)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.6 x 8.6 x 26.2 mm
- Weight: 18.3 lb.
- IP protection class: IP 67, IP X4
Features & Applications
- Consistency and performance – engineered to help you achieve comparable results to a stationary high-frequency internal concrete vibrator
- Unbeatable mobility – lower-weight and ergonomic backpack help to minimize both setup time and interruptions while working
- Highly versatile concrete vibrator – choose from 9 different whips (sold separately) to best suit the volume of concrete to be compacted
- Safer jobsites – eliminate gas fumes and power cords from concrete compaction by upgrading to a battery-powered concrete vibrator
- Longer-lasting Nuron batteries – consolidate up to 8 trucks of concrete (80 yd³) on one pair of B 22-255 batteries
- Internal concrete compaction for decks and walls to remove trapped air bubbles and increase density of concrete
- Consolidating footings and foundations
- Concrete compaction for pre-cast yard elements
Documents & Videos
Consulting & Support
Cordless Concrete Vibrators
Quality pours every time without the hassle of cords or gas
Help eliminate air pockets from your concrete and achieve greater concrete strength and durability with our Nuron-powered concrete vibrating tools. Make your work safer and more productive and experience greater performance and longer battery life thanks to our advanced motor-in-head technology.
Benefits of Hilti's Motor-in-Head Technology
Working at a rate of 12,000 vibrations per minute, our high cycle, motor-in-head design allows for better ergonomics, easier mobility on the jobsite, and a battery-life that lasts. Hilti concrete vibrators deliver top performance in a safer and more productive way.
Mobility across the construction site
No need to find a power source or stretch extension cords across the construction site – just power on and go, even on scaffolding. As soon as the concrete is poured, crews can begin vibrating.
Two options to help meet your needs
Using the NCV 4-22 and NCV 10-22 together means crews can get into hard-to-reach spaces like dense rebar while also tackling large volume sections. The compact designs mean they can be used side by side even in confined spaces.
One battery platform
All our concrete vibrators are powered by the same higher-performing 22V Nuron battery platform that helps cover all the applications you need on a jobsite, from light- to heavy-duty.
Safer concrete consolidation
Our battery-powered vibrators help bring an end to the fuel and fumes of gas-powered concrete vibrators. The high cycle, motor-in-head technology generates vibrations in the whip head lessening the vibration felt by the operator, and helping to reduce user fatigue. Crews also benefit from lower levels of noise pollution.
Vibrate up to 8 trucks of concrete
Using the NCV 10-22, with one charge of our cordless backpack solution
For compacting bigger concrete volumes such as deck pours, flatwork, pre-cast yards, footings and foundation work, switch to the fume-free NCV 10-22 and tackle up to 60m3 of concrete on one charge from two of our B22-255 batteries – that’s nearly eight truckloads!
The NCV 10-22’s lightweight, ergonomic backpack solution:
- Helps eliminate the need for a second person to help carry the vibrator – useful when working in tight or crowded spaces, as well as reducing manpower expenses
- Helps crews access harder-to-reach areas (such as on a scaffold), or areas where a gas-powered concrete vibrator would not be allowed
- Can be more safely used indoors thanks to less exposure to fumes, heat and engine noise
- Main on/off switch is easily accessible on the shoulder strap, with a clear indication of battery status – good for planning ahead
- The motor-in-head system means there is less vibration on the whip, helping to improve user comfort and reduce fatigue
Versatile compact pencil vibrators
Use our NCV 4-22 Cordless concrete vibrator for tightly spaced rebar and smaller pours
The compact yet powerful NCV 4-22 pencil concrete vibrator is ideal for concrete consolidation in small pours. These include: filling small openings in precast walls or walls with pretension wires, curbs, small footings and patchwork. The narrow 28mm head allows for easier access to hard-to-reach parts of the concrete pour.
Top five concrete vibrating tips for a smoother, safer finish
Choose the right combination for the job
Select the correct concrete vibrator, whip (shaft) length and head diameter for your application. You should be able to fit the vibrator rod down between the reinforcement gaps.
Always keep the vibrator vertical
Keep the concrete vibrator head in an upright position for a more even mix of concrete and aggregates. Horizontal movement can lead to uneven compaction and increase the chances of equipment getting snagged on rebar.
Prevent cold joints
These occur when there is insufficient bonding between an older layer of concrete and a new one. To avoid this, push the tip of the concrete vibrator at least 15cm into the previous layer of vibrated concrete.
Slow and steady
Be sure to place the vibrator head in the concrete at regular intervals to help avoid uneven compaction. When finished, withdraw the vibrator slowly, no faster than 7cm per second. If bubbles emerge as the concrete vibrator is withdrawn from the vibrated concrete, more vibration is needed.
Stop vibration as soon as the surface of the vibrated concrete develops a lustrous sheen and air bubbles are eliminated.
Speeding up the formwork application
From fastening formstops to cleaning concrete joints, we have a variety of solutions to help you get formwork done faster.Explore Formwork
Increase jobsite productivity
Discover tools, software and service solutions designed to help you power through your building projects at every stage – from the office to the jobsite.Explore our productivity solutions